Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

This was our book club pick by one of my friends. The book is about a famous author named Vida Winter who has given several different stories about her past. Now that she is old and sick she finally decides to tell the true story and seeks out Margaret Lea to write her biography. Margaret has her own issues with her family and a secret they kept from her. As Margaret begins hearing Vida's story, she becomes very intrigued as it continues to unfold. At times I wasn't sure how I felt about the book especially early on as Vida starts telling her story. There's a little bit of wierdness for me reading a little about her parents who were actually siblings. But as the book progressed I was interested in some of the characters and how it was going to all come together. Definitely happy that there was a twist at the end. I'm really looking forward to discussing it with our reading group to see what everyone else thought.

Rating: B-

1 comment:

  1. I liked this book due to it's mystery factor. The content was a bit strange but made the reading all the more interesting. The beginning was slow to start but once I pushed through I liked it.

    ReplyDelete