Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Friday, October 15, 2010

Sarah's Key by Tatiana DeRosnay

I've always been interested in reading books about the Holocaust. I can't seem to understand why something so terrible had to happen to so many innocent people. In Sarah's Key, there are two stories going on. One story is about Sarah and her family in Paris in July 1942. French police came arresting Jewish families. Sarah hides her brother and tells him she'll be back for him. The other story takes place 60 years later and is about a journalist Julia who starts researching the roundup. During her research she discovers a link between Sarah and her family. I thought it was definitely well done with going back and forth between the two different stories. I couldn't put the book down. I was sadden by most of Sarah's story. It's important to read books like this so we never forget what happened. A must read!

Rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment