Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Sunday, October 31, 2010

Play Dead by Harlan Coben

I came across this book at Costco and was so excited to find a book I hadn't read by one of my favorite authors. The inside said that it was his first book. Needless to say very disappointed. Not nearly as good as the rest of his books. If this is the first book you find by him, put it back and pick up any of his other books. It had a good concept. Laura and David get married and on their honeymoon David goes for a swim and doesn't return. Laura is crushed and while grieving tries finding answers to several questions. This will bring up events and lies from 30 years ago. It was too wordy and could have been shorten A LOT! I was definitely curious but then I got to a certain point where I just wanted to know so I could be done with it. I'd say pass on this one and pick up Tell No One or Good for Gone by Harlan Coben instead.

Rating: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment