Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Monday, July 11, 2011

Dreams of Joy by Lisa See

This book is a sequel to Shanghai Girls. It's starts right where it left off... it's 1957 and Joy took off to China to find her real father. Her mother Pearl follows her over to China and tries to find her. As always she does an AMAZING job mixing fiction with historic information. I learned a lot about communism during this time. I liked how she bounced back and forth from both characters and to hear their point of views. I tried not to read it too fast because I didn't want it to end. Definitely read Shanghai Girls first and then pick up this one to continue the adventure of Pearl, Joy and her sister.

Rating: A

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this right now... and I am hooked. I loved Shanghai Girls also. Glad you gave it a good review which means I am in for a treat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished! And it was great. I really liked this book. If I had one issue with it, it was the fact that it wrapped everything up too fast and too neatly at the end. Almost like she kind of got tired of writing it or deadline was near. I think she could have added additional chapters especially when Pearl was reconnected with her father. That was a let down that it was only a few pages. But overall a really good read.

    ReplyDelete