Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez

Sunny is an American who owns and runs a coffee shop in Afghanistan. It's a story about the people who come in it... Isabel, a British journalist, Jack, an American working in Kabul on business, Candace, another American wanting to make a difference, Halajan who's born and raised there but hiding a romance and her son Ahmet, who can't decide what he should believe in. Then Sunny helps a young Afghan girl named Yazmina but unknown to all she may bring danger to all because of a secret she's keeping. I'm always amazed how different things are in Afghanistan and how terrible the woman are treated there. While I was reading this I thought it reminded me a little of Maeve Binchy's style because of the way the author twisted everyone's story together. Great book, good characters and didn't want to put it down.

Rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment