Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

This is about Lucy and Daniel... a love story through out centuries, only Daniel is the only one who has the special gift... the "memory" from each life. In each life that he encounters her, he only gets to spend a short amount of time with her... sometimes she falls in love with him and other times she doesn't remember the past lives. Now they are the same age at the same time and he hopes to be able to spend this lifetime with her. I thought this book sounded interested, kind of made me think of Time Travelers Wife (which I loved!) but nothing like that after finishing the book. I was very disappointed with the story. It sounded so much more interesting then what it was. Near the end I was just trying to speed read it so I could finish and know what happens. The ending of the book didn't really tie up all the loose ends. I read another book by this author called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants which I enjoyed.. this book isn't even close. I'd say PASS on this one.

Rating: D

No comments:

Post a Comment