Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Friday, February 25, 2011

Edge of Evil by J.A. Jance

This is a first in a series. The books starts with TV journalist Alison Reynolds losing her job because she's not young enough anymore and then finding out her husband is cheating on her. She heads down to Sedona, AZ to see her parents and finds out her good friend has died by what looks like suicide. She starts her own blog about what it's like to be cut loose and hanging out at her parents restaurant the Sugarloaf Cafe. She starts getting some threatening messages on her blog and realize she may be in danger. For me I felt like the book was too slow. I was waiting for the book to get more interesting. I thought it was going to focus more on what really happened to her friend, not just Alison thinking she didn't believe it was suicide. The threatening messages she received has nothing to do with the death of her friend. The ending just fell flat for me. Very disappointed and not planning on continuing the series.

Rating: D

No comments:

Post a Comment