Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Slumdog Millionaire by Vikas Swarup

I was at the library the other day and saw this on the shelf. I hadn't seen the movie so I grabbed it. I always like to read the book before watching the movie. The main character is named Ram and it's start with him being arrested for winning a game show Who Wants to Be a Billionaire. The authorities claim how could someone who grew up in the slums and who is just a waiter know all the answers. Ram then goes on to describe how through different life experiences he knows the things he knows to answer each question. I really enjoyed the book, it was almost like a story within a story. I'm really curious to compare the book to the movie. I was talking to my coworker who has seen the movie and it sounds like there pretty different.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment