Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

I stayed up last night until 11pm finishing this book. I'm a big Jodi Picoult fan. If you haven't ever read a book by her, you should! She always picks very interesting subjects and shows different sides of the story. In House Rules it's about a boy named Jacob who has Asperger's Syndrome. He is very interested in forensic science. Then he's accused of murder. I know two people who have Asperger's and found it very interesting to read this book. It made me understand how they might feel and process thoughts. The only thing that sometimes bothers me about her books is she doesn't always wrap the book up. I sometimes still have questions. Unfortunately I feel this way about this book. Don't get me wrong, it was really good. I love Jacob's character... felt like giving him a hug sometimes. Check it out and let me know if you felt the same about the ending. Other books by her I've enjoyed.... Salem Falls (read before Nineteen Minutes), The Pact and Picture Pefect. Happy Reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole,
    Love your new blog. I thought you might like this website http://www.goodreads.com/. It's a site for book lovers. I sent you an invite to the email addy on your facebook.
    Derek =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll check it out. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete