Why am I starting a book blog?




I am an avid reader. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and try to pass that love of reading to others. When I finish a book and love it, I tell everyone I know about it. Then I thought why not have a blog of all the books I read and rate them as I go. Then I can give my blog address out to everyone I know. I hope you come along for the ride. I'm sure we won't always agree on what we like but I hope maybe I can save some people time on what to read. Feel free to write comments after I blog, I would love to hear what you thought of the book. Happy reading!!!



Friday, June 11, 2010

The Girls by Lori Lansens

A friend of mine lent me this book. It's about twin sisters who are conjoined at the head. Some people might find that wierd but the story was definitely interesting. I like the way both sisters, Rose and Ruby told their side of the story. I couldn't even image been conjoined with my sister. I had said to my husband I couldn't image not being able to just roll over at night when sleeping but he said how would you know what you're missing if you've never had it. It was a pretty easy read. I especially liked the different stories about their Aunt Lovey and Uncle Stash. I'm glad I read it but wouldn't say you HAD to read it.

Rating: B

2 comments:

  1. I like checking out your blog! How do you have time to sit down and read with two little boys? I can only find 10 minutes or so a night to read before I fall asleep. Check out our blog www.caldwellfamiglia.blogspot.com, there is a picture of the boys on there.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read at work everyday on my lunch break and once the boys go to bed. Tami says the same thing. It's the one thing I do for me and enjoy so much. As a mom, it's soooo important to have something like that. I'll have to check out your blog. How are you doing? How's Mr Logan? ;)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete